This webinar explores how the US-CARICOM Trade and Investment Council (TIC) under the Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA) of 2013 can be used to promote more focused negotiations between the U.S. and CARICOM. Special focus on the US-Uruguay TIC (2008) as a best practice benchmarking experience with its five times increase in bilateral trade and two times increase in US FDI into Uruguay between 2008-2016 and into the present.
View the full webinar here:
Keynote Opening Address by: Anabel Gonzalez (Deputy Director General of WTO, former Trade Minister and Chief FTA Negotiator of Costa Rica)
Presentation on US/Uruguay TIFA by: Angelica Herrera Munoz (Trade expert/consultant) and Ana Claudia Moran (Trade expert/ consultant)
Ambassador Wayne McCook
ASG CARICOM Secretariat
Director (Caribbean/Mexico), USTR
Founder, Develop Trade Law LLC/CPC Fellow
VP Manchester Trade / CPC Co-Chair/Fellow
Jan Yves Remy
SRC Director/ CPC Fellow
- Transforming Guyana, Episode XII: Digitization and the emerging Guyanese Oil and Gas Economy
- Transforming Guyana, Episode XI: Empowering the Future
- CARICOM Relations with the UK-EU
- Is There a Roadmap for Regional Energy Cooperation and Energy Transition for the Southern Caribbean Energy Matrix?
- Transforming Guyana Episode X: “Unlocking the Potential of Guyana’s Oil and Gas Economy