Recorded: June 8, 2022
The Guyana Business Journal (GBJ) and the Caribbean Policy Consortium (CPC), on June 08, 2022, at 10:30 EST, has launched a series of Monthly Webinars entitled “Transforming Guyana.”
GBJ & CPC will:
(i) Bring together experts and prominent voices from Guyana, the diaspora, and around the world to discuss the impacts of Guyana’s oil and gas development;
(ii) Offer a nuanced look at the opportunities and potential pitfalls ahead for Guyana;
(iii) Explore strategies to maximize the positive impacts of the oil revenues on Guyana’s people and her future while mitigating the risks that other countries have faced; and
(iv) Identify the most promising roles the Diaspora can play in this transformation.
Episode 1 discusses promoting and encouraging a more profound and mutually beneficial relationship between Guyana and the Diaspora in its energy and economic diversification and economic development journey.
Mr. Arthur Deakin, Arthur’s expertise spans a wide range of energy segments, including solar, wind, oil, biofuels, biomass, LPG, LNG, energy storage/batteries, hydrogen, hydropower, and more.
Dr. Vibert Cambridge, Professor at Ohio University, School of Media Arts and Studies
Dr. Lear Matthews, Professor, Department of Community and Human Services, State University of New York, Empire State College, and former lecturer at the University of Guyana, Faculty of Social Science
Ms. Rosalinda Rasul, Head of the Diaspora and Remigration Unit within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Latin America-Caribbean relations in a multipolar world
- Transforming Guyana, Season II, Episode VI, Workforce Development and the Emerging Guyanese Oil and Gas Economy
- Transforming Guyana Transparency & Accountability and the Emerging Guyanese Oil and Gas Economy
- Transforming Guyana, Season II, Episode IV: Navigating Guyana’s Oil and Gas Odyssey, Infrastructure and Sustainability
- Navigating A Changing Guyana: Pathways to Prosperity in the Era of Oil and Gas