The Fight Against Illicit Trafficking of Firearms in Latin America and the Caribbean
This webinar will discuss efforts to combat illicit trafficking of firearms in Latin America and the Caribbean, focusing on the Inter-American Convention against the Illicit Manufacture of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials (CIFTA), the Protocol against the Illicit Manufacturing and Trafficking in Firearms, Their Parts and Components and Ammunition (Firearms Protocol), and other treaties with respect to the trafficking of firearms.
It will also discuss the lawsuit pending in U.S. District Court in Massachusetts (Mexico v. Smith & Wesson) brought by the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs against firearm manufacturers and distributors.
– Alejandro Celorio Alcántara, Legal Adviser, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
– Pier Angelli De Luca, Specialist of the Department of Public Security, Organization of American States
– Simonetta Grassi, UNTOC’s Firearms Protocol Secretariat, UN Office on Drugs and Crime
– Sheridon Hill, Public Information Officer of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and formerly with OAS Inter-American Committee against Terrorism
– Bruce Zagaris, Berliner Corcoran & Rowe LLP; Fellow, Caribbean Policy Consortium
Date Time: Apr 25, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: The Fight Against Illicit Trafficking of Firearms in Latin-America and the Caribbean
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Click Here to Join
Organized by the ABA Criminal Justice Section’s International Committee in cooperation with the Caribbean Policy Consortium.